Student voice and activities
Student Voice magazine
Our termly Student Voice magazine captures all the goings-on at City of Bristol College. You can read previous versions below:
Your college, your way
There are lots of ways to get involved and share your views with us, from completing surveys to volunteering as a course representative. You could even become a student ambassador or set up a new club or society (details below).
Ways to share your views
Become a Student Ambassador
The Student Ambassador Programme is a fantastic opportunity to:
- Gain experience in marketing, event management and promotion
- Undertake a vital role which looks great on a CV or UCAS application
- Promote City of Bristol College to future students
- Get paid for the hours you work!
We’re currently seeking reliable, committed students to apply to join the Student Ambassador Programme. You will receive training and coaching on the role of an ambassador and be invited to assist with a variety of events throughout the academic year.
To find out more, have a chat with one of the team or drop us an email: email@example.com
Compliments, suggestions and complaints
We encourage you to provide feedback. Giving a compliment or offering a suggestion can help us improve our services.
Compliments, suggestions and complaints can communicated in various ways:
- By completing our online compliments, suggestions and complaints form
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verbally or by calling 0117 312 5000.
Policies and procedures
Make the most of your College experience
The Students’ Union (SU) aims to make sure you have the best college experience possible. You can help make decisions, participate in projects and help improve the college experience.
What does the Students’ Union do?
- Sets up societies and sports teams
- Organises events, trips and fundraising activities
- Celebrates diversity and gives you a say
- Represents your interests
- Encourages you to get involved to make things happen
- Gives you access to TOTUM (by NUS extra) discount cards through the Students’ Union
Visit the Students’ Union website
Clubs and activities
Across the academic year there will be events held by the SU for all students both online and in person.
All students are able to host approved events on behalf of the SU; you can do this by approaching the Activities and Events Officer or the SU staff.
Do you want to make friends or develop a new hobby? We highly encourage students to create and set up clubs through the SU for access to College resources and to the SU’s budget. You can do this by contacting us via the SU website or by email: email@example.com.
You could also get involved with our environmental campaigns that are run in partnership with Friends of the Earth. We also have a community apprenticeship programme run in partnership with Envision. Other programmes that might be of interest are Future Quest, Access to Bristol, Nuffield Education and On Track to Bath.