The Brislington Centre
The Brislington Centre is a residential facility in Bristol for students with additional needs. They stay overnight from Sunday through to Friday, returning home over weekends and college holidays.
A facility for students with additional needs
The Brislington Centre is managed in partnership with Bristol City Council. It has seven bedrooms and there will soon be further accommodation available.
During their time at the house, students develop skills for independent living. This includes cleaning, cooking and washing, as well as learning how to use public transport.
We plan individual learning programmes with each student. We encourage students to work on these during their time at home.
Learn independence skills
Students will learn to:
- Plan and prepare healthy meals.
- Launder clothes.
- Shop for food and other essentials.
- Maintaining personal hygiene.
- Manage a food budget.
- Plan a journey and use public transport.
- Stay safe and healthy. For example, learning to use household appliances.
Students will learn about:
- Communication (suitable for the workplace).
- Remembering instructions.
- Being punctual and travel planning.
Gain work experience
Students will have:
- The opportunity to take part in work experience.
- Support from staff at the house and at college.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- Work on projects with fellow college students. For example, decorating the house or taking part in creative projects.
- Visit friends and family in Bristol (from the house).
- Participate in social activities at the house and in the community.
Kitchen garden and grounds
The grounds are approximately one acre. They include a polytunnel where the students have their own kitchen garden.
We have a number of raised planting beds across the garden. We are planning an accessible walkway, an orchard and an outdoor classroom.
Visit the Brislington Centre
We hold regular Open Days throughout the year.
Get in touch
We’d love to hear from you. Please call Adam Metcalfe on 0117 377 1990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply to be a Brislington Centre resident
Download our Brislington Centre Application Form (pdf).
Email your completed form to email@example.com