Apprenticeships for business
You can use apprenticeships to upskill your team or as a cost-effective way to gain fresh talent.
The specific route your apprentice takes will determine how their apprenticeship is delivered. Your Apprentice will have delivery either entirely in the workplace, or attend at the College for specific delivery (this could be either a traditional day-release model or a block-release model).
Our apprenticeship provision includes Intermediate, Advanced and Higher Apprenticeships. These programmes give apprentices industry-standard skills and nationally-recognised qualifications.
Every type and size of business
We have an apprenticeship package to suit every major business sector. We work with many of the region’s largest employers and also support many local SMEs.
Our specialist apprenticeship provision includes:
- Business Administration
- Health and Social Care
- Customer Service
- Engineering and Manufacturing
- Human Resource (CIPD)
- IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
- Management and Leadership
- Motor Vehicle
How we can help to grow your business
We can help you invest in your current staff. If you’re looking for a way to upskill and develop your current employees, we’d love to hear from you.
We can also help you find new employees. We will support you to recruit an apprentice in line with your recruitment policies.
How hiring an apprentice can benefit your business
- Investment in your future workforce without affecting the bottom line and giving a return on investment.
- A committed addition to your workforce.
- Injection of fresh ideas and perspective to your company.
- Apprentices often bring strong new technology skills.
- Clear progression routes to higher-level qualifications for advancement.
- A cost-effective solution to staff recruitment.
- Industry-recognised training.
- Boost your corporate social responsibility by investing in young people.
Employing an apprentice
If you decide to employ an apprentice, we’re here to help you through the process.
Please speak to one of our experienced skills advisors on 0117 312 5250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Employ an apprentice
Our recruitment and selection service can help your business fill its apprenticeship vacancies quickly and easily, supporting you to source an apprentice in line with your own recruitment policies.
Our experienced recruitment team then runs a full evaluation and shortlisting process, before presenting you with suitable candidates.
South West Apprenticeship Company (SWAC)
The South West Apprenticeship Company (SWAC) is an Apprenticeship Training Agency (ATA). They support employers in the South West region to recruit and employ apprentices. They can offer you specialist Apprentice HR advice and support.
For an agreed fee, SWAC can provide you with an apprentice who will work for you full-time but will be employed by them.
This means they will take the responsibilities of human resources, payroll and performance management off your hands. Their experienced team will continue to offer high levels of support to you and your apprentice throughout the training.
Visit the SWAC website to find out more.
How to fund your apprentices
What is the Levy?
The Levy encourages businesses to train employees through apprenticeships.
If you have a UK business with an annual wage bill of £3m or more you will pay the Levy. Which means you will have Apprenticeship Levy funds.
We can help you to take advantage of your Apprenticeship Levy funds. This is your opportunity to bring new talent to your team or upskill existing employees.
We can help you use your Levy to pay for Apprenticeship training.
Funding for smaller businesses
If you have a small business in England, the government will pay 95% of your apprentice training costs (up to the funding band maximum).
If you don’t pay the Apprentice Levy (if you have a wage bill of less than £3m per year), you can get this co-investment.
- If the Apprentice you take on is any age and you employ more than 50 people you will pay 5% co-investment funding.
- If the Apprentice you take on is over 19 then the Government will pay 95% of the Apprentice training costs, you as the employer will pay 5%.
- If the Apprentice you take on is under 19 then the Government will pay 100% of the Apprentice training costs, you as the employer may also be eligible for an incentive payment.
Get in touch
To find out more about apprenticeships contact the apprenticeship team. Call 0117 312 5250 or complete our online form.