Transition support for students coming to City of Bristol College

We have dedicated Transition Co-ordinators for people who:

  • have an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
  • attend a Specialist School or Alternative Learning Provision.
  • come from the Pupil Referral Unit.
  • have been in Hospital Education, Home Education or have been out of education.

If you’d like support from our transition team during your move to college, please get in touch by phone or email. We are here to help and would love to hear from you.

A guide to support for you and your learning at City of Bristol College

This guide provides details about how our Transition Team can help you on your move to college.

Download the guide: A guide to support for you and your learning at City of Bristol College (PDF).

Rachel Upton, SEND Transition Coordinator

0117 312 5305

Contact Rachel if you:

  • attend a mainstream or special school.
  • if you have ASD or are a wheelchair user.
  • if need personal care or specialist equipment.

Sally Nuttall, ALP Transition Coordinator

0117 312 5286

Contact Sally if you:

  • are home educated.
  • attend an alternative learning provision.
  • attend Hospital Education.
  • attend a pupil referral unit.
  • are not currently in education.

You may also have special educational needs and/or an EHCP.

How to access learning support

Share your learning needs on the form below. You can also contact us on 0117 312 5186 or email

You can talk to us about your support needs at any time. This includes before you apply to college, at enrolment or during your course. We’ll be happy to help.

Tell us about your support needs

You’ll also need to learn to tell us about your support needs, so we can make plans together.

Fill in the form below or call our Learning Support team on 0117 312 5186.

If you can’t see the form below, please reload the webpage.

Where to find us