Course overviewPrince’s Trust Team Programme City of Bristol College
The Prince’s Trust Team Challenge is different. It’s a fun, challenging and positive experience that gives you the chance to prove how good you really are.
It’s full-time, 12 weeks long and helps you to gain experience, learn new skills and build your self-confidence. You will also learn English and Maths at the right level for you.
Dates and applications
Please hover over the ‘i’ button to find out more about course fees and applications.
|Course Code||Dates||Duration||Days||Hours per week||Start Time||Location||Fee|
|LBF0427A01-1||02/10/2023 - 22/12/2023||12 weeks||Date/Day(s) Being Finalised||35.00||09:00||Ashley Down Centre||Enquire Apply|
|LGF0427A01-1||06/02/2023 - 28/04/2023||12 weeks||Groups (mixed days)||35.00||09:00||College Green Centre||Enquire|
|LGF0427A01-1||12/02/2024 - 03/05/2024||12 weeks||Date/Day(s) Being Finalised||35.00||09:00||College Green Centre||Enquire Apply|
|LMF0427A01-1||01/11/2022 - 10/02/2023||12 weeks||Groups (mixed days)||35.00||09:00||SBSA and Construction Centre||Enquire|
|LMF0427A01-1||07/11/2023 - 16/02/2024||12 weeks||Date/Day(s) Being Finalised||35.00||09:00||SBSA and Construction Centre||Enquire Apply|
|LTF0427A01-1||02/05/2023 - 21/07/2023||12 weeks||Groups (mixed days)||35.00||09:00||Offsite||Enquire|
|LTF0427A01-1||07/05/2024 - 26/07/2024||12 weeks||Date/Day(s) Being Finalised||35.00||09:00||Offsite||Enquire Apply|
Who is this course for?
Are you 16 to 25 years old and unemployed or not in education? Are you unsure what you want to be doing? Do you need to improve your confidence? Do you want some help to move on with your life?
What you'll learn
You will develop practical skills and embark on experiences you will never forget. The course involves:
- Team building, planning and communication skills
- A week of outdoor education, that could include rock climbing, abseiling and coasteering
- Work experience and help with finding the employment or training you want
- Community based challenges where you can demonstrate what you are capable of
- Gaining qualifications and experiences that employers are looking for
- Working with professional and experienced Team Leaders who will give you all the support, encouragement and guidance you need.
Course entry requirements
You can start on a team at almost any time of year and it’s very easy to join. All you have to do is call us on 0117 312 5488 and attend a meeting with a Team Leader. They will discuss with you if this is the right course, at the right time, for you.
How is the course delivered and assessed?
You will be given all the support you need. You will be assessed in a number of different ways, including:
- Providing evidence of practical tasks you have completed (like photos and videos)
- Simple worksheets where you record what you have been doing
- Regular meetings with your Team Leader
- Self-assessment, where you track your own progress and set yourself targets.
Future career and study opportunities
Over 70% of people that complete the course move into education, training or employment. We have excellent links around Bristol and so we can help you to:
- Apply for and get onto a course you really want to do
- Find a job, or area of employment that really interests you
- Get the support you need for the future
- Use the Prince’s Trust to help you set up your own business.
As a City of Bristol College student, you may incur additional costs to attend your course. For example, it is likely you may need to pay for travel and stationary.
Many courses offer learning opportunities that you may need to pay for. This may include things like study visits and visiting speakers. We will let you know in advance if there will be additional costs.
If you are on a limited income, you may be able to receive help from our Learner Support Funding Bursary.
For guidance on which career path to take, to explore career options related to our courses, find out which careers are in demand, and then get the training you need.