Our accommodation service is there to help all full-time students find a place to live.

Request more information

What are my accommodation options?

Aged 18+ and a full-time student?

You could consider Hotwells House, a halls of residence for students in Bristol. Located close to Clifton and the Bristol Harbourside, you’ll have a fantastically central base from which to experience the best of Bristol’s restaurants, cafes, bars and clubs.

Single rooms are available in shared flats, which have communal lounge and kitchen areas. 2021/22 prices are: £146 weekly for a 51week contract plus £200 deposit.

A full-time student looking for accommodation with meals provided?

You may prefer to Lodge with a host family. We have a list of great local families who are happy to take students in. All have been DBS checked, and our staff visit all host family accommodation to check that accommodation is of a good standard.

Aged 18+ and want to live in a shared house with other students?

In a shared house, you usually rent a bedroom and share kitchen and bathroom facilities with other occupants in the household, often students.

This type of accommodation is not always easy to find, and competition can be quite intense. It’s advisable to follow up on any rooms you see advertised as soon possible.

Rental prices are in the region of £90 per week for a single room, and this is usually exclusive of bills. We can help by advising you where to look for advertisements and we can also tell you where we have visited addresses in the past to ensure rooms meet minimum standards.

Request more information

Accommodation hints and tips

I’ve found somewhere to live – now what do I do?

Make sure you inform the College of your new term time address – this is really important. We need to know where to contact you with important information about your course.

What is a tenancy agreement?

A tenancy agreement is a document that tells you what you can and can’t do within your new accommodation. Whatever type of accommodation you choose, you should ask for a tenancy agreement and a full inventory (list of equipment in the property before you move in). Make sure you read all the small print and understand what you are signing.

Should I take out insurance?

Full-time students do not have to pay council tax. You must be attending College for enough hours each week to qualify for an exemption certificate. Talk to the reception team at your centre, to find out if you qualify. Family homes where more than one non-student adult lives, do have to pay council tax. You may therefore be asked to pay your share if you do not qualify for exemption.

I am an international student. Can I apply to live in Hotwells House?

Yes. Simply complete the application form. However, if you do not have a UK guarantor, you will be asked to pay the whole accommodation fee in one payment before you can move in.

Will I have to pay council tax if I am an overseas student?

No, not if you’re a full-time student.

If I have a conditional offer, can I book a room, then cancel if I don’t make the grades?

No, we always advise students not to book their accommodation until they have secured the grades they need and have confirmed their place. It is possible that you will lose your deposit unless you follow this advice.

Become a landlord or homestay provider

Do you have a spare room sitting empty?

Our students arrive throughout the year and seek accommodation for both short-term and long-term stays. We are always looking for suitable accommodation in Bristol, ideally close to one of our College centres, for students studying with us.

We offer good rates of pay and a supportive after-service. If you’d like to find out more about becoming a landlord, call us on 0117 312 5000 or email

Get in touch

If you have a question about housing issues, problems with your landlord, homelessness, tenancy or council tax, we can help.

Email or call us on 0117 312 5000.

Request more information

Apply for accommodation

  • Date Format: DD slash MM slash YYYY

Where to find us