Accessible college environments
Our Centres are fully accessible, and we provide tailored support to students with physical disabilities and medical conditions, including:
- In-class support
- Reduced and personalised timetables
- Personal care
- Accessible environments
- Staff training
- Medication handling, storage and administration
- Arrangement of your Personal Emergency and Egress plan (PEEP)
We always aim to enable learning to be accessible to all. At the application stage, we will meet with students who require additional support to ensure that we can meet their needs, or where possible make changes to ensure that they have the same opportunities as other students. All new facilities and changes to current buildings are made with consideration of those with additional needs to ensure that we can be an inclusive college.
The College embraces the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice 2014 and the Children’s and Family Act 2014.
The Additional Learning Support team at City of Bristol College works hard to ensure that the principles of the SEND reforms are met across the organisation.
In practice, this means:
- Young people and their families are at the centre of all discussions around the support we provide
- The support offered takes into account young people’s health, care and educational needs
- We work closely with the local authority to access all aspects of the services available in the area
- Young people and families are supported during the transition to an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- We focus and prepare young people for adulthood including employment, independent living or higher-level courses
- Person-centred reviews are provided ensuring young people meet their individualised goals and their EHCP outcomes are reviewed
Bristol Local Offer
The Bristol Local Offer pages inform you what is available for children and young people who have Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) in Bristol.
Tell us about your support needs
You’ll also need to learn to tell us about your support needs, so we can make plans together.
Fill in the form below or call our Learning Support team on 0117 312 5186.
If you can’t see the form below, please reload the webpage.