Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) support
Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) covers a range of difficulties including:
- Dyslexia specific difficulties related to spelling, reading and writing.
- Dyspraxia specific difficulties in physical co-ordination and organisation skills.
- Dyscalculia specific difficulties in understanding and using numbers.
- Attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) specific difficulties in attention and impulse control
We have a team of tutors and assessors who can help you if you have a specific learning difficulty.
We can support you to develop learning strategies that will help you access and complete your programme of study. We also aim to help students to increase their independence, confidence and self-esteem.
SpLD support at City of Bristol College
- Drop-in support from specialist staff.
- 1:1 teaching.
- Screening for dyslexia.
- Assessments for exam access arrangements and reasonable adjustments.
- Modified teaching, learning materials and assessment.
- In class support.
- Assistive technology.
Tell us about your support needs
You’ll also need to learn to tell us about your support needs, so we can make plans together.
Fill in the form below or call our Learning Support team on 0117 312 5186.
If you can’t see the form below, please reload the webpage.