About the course
Do you enjoy working outside with your hands with plants and soil? Are you looking for a change of career in parks and gardens? Do you want a part time course that leads to a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification? This is an intensive course where excellent attendance and commitment will enable you to achieve the RHS level 2 Practical Horticulture Certificate to support you on your chosen career path.
To join the course you must have:
- Achieved a Level 1 qualification or an equivalent in another subject
- An interest in working with plants & soil outside in all weathers.
- A good level of Physical Fitness
- Grade D GCSE English or equivalent
- A positive attitude to excellent attendance and meeting assessment deadlines.
You will be required to attend an information session (please allow 2.5 hours) where:
- you will receive the course information
- you will be asked some questions regarding your personal health and fitness as this course involves digging and carrying out physically-demanding tasks
- you will take a tour of the Horticulture facilities
- you will carry out a writing task