About the course
The RHS L2 Practical Horticulture course is considered the necessary entry level qualification to the horticultural profession.
Do you enjoy working outside with your hands with plants and soil?
Are you looking for a change of career in parks and gardens?
Do you want a part time course that leads to a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification?
This is an intensive course where excellent attendance and commitment will enable you to achieve the RHS level 2 Practical Horticulture Certificate to support you on your chosen career path. The course is 1 day per week at College however you will need to ensure that you can plan study time at home to support achievement of the course. CoBC is the only institution in Bristol environs offering the level 2 Practical Horticulture course
To join the course you must have:
- An interest in working with plants & soil outside in all weathers.
- A good level of Physical Fitness
- Grade D GCSE English or equivalent ( an initial assessment will take place at interview if you are unable to provide evidence of GCSE results)
- A positive attitude to excellent attendance and meeting assessment deadlines.
You will be required to attend an information session (please allow 2.5 hours) where:
- you will receive the course information
- you will be asked some questions regarding your personal health and fitness as this course involves digging and carrying out physically-demanding tasks
- you will take a tour of the Horticulture facilities
- you will carry out a writing task