About the course
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training is an introductory teaching qualification that has been developed to give learners the opportunity to:
- develop knowledge related to teaching and learning
- develop skills in teaching and learning
- achieve a nationally recognised Level 3 qualification
- develop their own personal growth and engagement in teaching and learning
Achieving the Level 3 Award in Education and Training will provide sufficient evidence that the learner has obtained the necessary skills and knowledge to prepare, plan, deliver and evaluate basic teaching and learning sessions in a variety of teaching or training contexts.
To achieve the qualification, learners must complete a core unit and a choice of optional Level 3 units to reach a total of 12 credits.
You do not need to be teaching to enrol on this qualification. This is an introductory and knowledge-based teaching qualification with no minimum teaching practice requirement.
You may wish to enrol on the Award if you are currently teaching and training, if you are very new to the role of teaching and would like an introduction to the qualifications.
You need to be 19 or over to enrol on the course.
If you are an assessor and would like to make the transition to teacher, you may find the Award a useful route into the teaching role.
You will be required to word process all written work, so basic computer skills are necessary.
Written English should meet the required standard to be able to:
- Read and understand course criteria, assignments and hand outs
- Write notes in sessions, produce resources for your micro teach
- Complete written assignment work with appropriate grammar and punctuation.
- Research information to complete tasks and present work appropriately