Course overviewSpanish Intermediate Plus – Progression City of Bristol College
During this two-hour-a-week, 12-week programme, you will continue to practice the Spanish language and learn more about the culture of the Spanish-speaking world. There will be an emphasis on exchanging opinions and ideas by looking at topic areas in depth.
You will also keep consolidating previous grammar indicative tenses and present subjunctive cases and some cultural aspects, both orally and in writing.
Who is this course for?
This 12-week (2 hours per week in college) course is suitable for students who want to build on their existing Intermediate Plus skills in Spanish (students who have completed courses at Intermediate Plus Level) and may have spent at least three years learning Spanish.
It is not suitable if you are a complete beginner or only have basic Spanish language skills.
This course is for adults aged 19+
What you'll learn
There will be a focus on:
- Performing tasks involving listening to others in familiar, social and informal contexts involving some unfamiliar elements by using the indicative tenses and the present Subjunctive.
- Giving accounts of a personal present event, past experience or future plans by using the language sufficiently clearly to be understood by a familiar audience.
- Understanding the use of the Imperatives in order to give instructions, orders or make direct requests.
Course entry requirements
- To join the course you will need to have completed our Spanish Intermediate Plus course, or to have studied Spanish for at least three years, or to be able to express yourself and cope in more complex everyday situations.
- You will also need to have an interest in the language and bags of enthusiasm and motivation.
How is the course delivered and assessed?
Learners will work in small groups or in pairs with a variety of enjoyable learning methods and resources. Learners will discuss information and exchange views using complex tenses in the past, present, and future.
Homework will be set to offer an opportunity for independent study, backed up with online resources on Moodle.
This course will be assessed through informal oral and written assessment.
Future career and study opportunities
After successfully completing the Intermediate Plus-Progression course, you may be able to progress to the Upper Intermediate course.
As a City of Bristol College student, you may incur additional costs to attend your course. For example, you may likely need to pay for travel and stationery.
Many courses offer learning opportunities that you may need to pay for. This may include things like study visits and visiting speakers. We will let you know in advance if there will be additional costs.
If you are on a limited income, you may be able to receive help from our Learner Support Funding Bursary.
For guidance on which career path to take, to explore career options related to our courses, find out which careers are in demand, and then get the training you need.