Report your absence
If you are unable to attend College, please notify us at least an hour before the start of your lesson.
Ways to report your absence
- Use the online form (at the bottom of this page)
- Text 07860 022975
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 0117 312 2038 (available between 08:30 and 09:30)
To ensure your attendance is recorded accurately, please include or ensure you have the following information ready:
- your full name
- your student ID
- a brief explanation of your absence and when you expect to return
- If you are only going to be absent for some of your lessons, please let us know the times you will not be in College (e.g. Hospital appointment in the morning so will attend the afternoon).
Arriving to College late
We only need to know if you are going to be late if you are going to miss a whole lesson.
For example, if you are going to be 10 minutes late because you have missed the bus, there is no need to contact us. Please discuss your lateness with your tutor when you arrive in class.
If you know you are going to be absent in advance (e.g. hospital appointment, University Open Day, jury service), please let your tutor or study coach know before the absence takes place.
You may need to provide some evidence of the absence e.g. letter from the hospital.
The College will authorise absence for college related activities such as trips, work experience and exams as well as a limited number of other types of absence.
Please see our attendance and punctuality policy.
Routine medical and dental check-ups or driving lessons are not considered authorised. These type of absences should be arranged outside of college or during a free period.