About our travel and tourism courses
School leavers can study a range of travel and tourism courses at City of Bristol College.
These courses are for students interested in travel and exploring the world.
School leavers can choose between:
- exploring the travel and tourism sector more broadly.
- specialist courses focused on working in the air travel and transport industry.
You will learn from our excellent teachers and benefit from our strong links with regional employers.
We have fantastic travel and tourism facilities. These include our Travel Hub at South Bristol Skills Academy, which includes a purpose-built aircraft cabin.
Why study a travel and tourism course?
If you’re a people person, then a course in travel and tourism could propel you into a fantastic career.
You might pursue a career in:
- tour operations and administration
- travel and transport
- currency exchange
- visitor attractions such as theme parks, zoos or historic country houses.
Travel and tourism careers and progression
- member of an air cabin crew
- cruise ship steward
- holiday representative
- tour guide
- aircraft dispatcher
- travel agent
- events coordinator
- manager of a hotel, visitor attraction or resort.