About the course
Site carpenters make and install wooden structures, fixtures and fittings in a variety of construction projects including new build, renovation and commercial work.
Our apprenticeships give learners industry recognised qualifications and the practical skills they need to become successful employees in the trade. Throughout the two year apprenticeship, your trainee will learn job specific skills whilst working with you and also obtain training at the college. You will need to employ them and they must receive the national minimum wage of £3.30 per hour.
Prospective applicants should;
- Possess a range of qualifications which should include at least 3 GCSEs at grade D or above, including English Language and Maths
- Achieve a level 1 or above in an initial assessment test, provided by the college
- Have a strong commitment to working with you and our college assessor.
- Have a good record of attendance at school or college
- Demonstrate a high degree of enthusiasm and a guarantee to succeed and prepare effectively for employment